Cats do not need regular potty break walks like dogs do. They have their litter box so they can go anytime they need to. So you may have asked yourself the question, “why does TAILored Cat Services require daily visits when they are cat sitting my cat”.
Well, we have the answers for you!
Sometimes, we receive cat sitting requests from potential clients asking us to stop in and check on their cat every 2-3 days. However, we insist on a minimum of once a day visits when we are cat sitting because of the many ways your cats’ safety may be compromised if not visited daily. Here are our 10 reasons why:
- Cats like to hide in places like closets, cabinets, or other places where the doors could close on them. So, it is imperative for someone to check on cats daily to ensure they didn’t get trapped in a place they can’t get out of.
- Some cats are smart enough turn on water faucets, so when we are responsible for taking care of your cat, we want to ensure the tub or sink isn’t overflowing to prevent damage to your home as well as to guarantee your cats’ safety.
- According to PetMD, gastrointestinal obstruction or “blockage” is a “fairly common condition to which cats are susceptible” and “the sooner the condition is diagnosed and resolved, the better” which is why we insist on coming daily so we can act fast if something is wrong.
- If your cat is injured and needs immediate medical attention, a daily visit will get her the help that she needs sooner rather than later. Some examples include injuries from a cat fight (if you have two or more cats), falling from a high surface, getting sick from getting into dangerous chemicals, getting trapped somewhere dangerous and eating a poisonous plant, just to name a few.
- If your cat is bored from being left alone, she may decide to play with her water bowl and knock it over which would leave her without water for several days and that is dangerous to her health because she may become dehydrated. A daily visit will ensure that she has fresh water every day.
- Many cats like a clean litter box and when several days of excrement accumulate, they may decide to go someone else or have an accident from refusing to go in a dirty litter box. That will not only leave a mess that needs to be cleaned up but it may also cause some bad odors in your home.
- If you leave your cat a few days of food in her bowl, she may eat all of the food left for her within one day which means your furry baby would go without food for several days.
- Many household plants and cleaning products are harmful to cats. And since cats are curious, she might try to eat a plant, get into the cleaning products or damage other objects in the home just out of boredom and any of these can be harmful to her.
- Cats have hairballs as well as sometimes throw up their food. If she does this in her water bowl, she won’t drink the water and will go several days without water which is dangerous to her health. Also, leaving throw up on your floor or carpet for several days will cause stains and odors.
- If your air conditioning or heater stops working and your cat is left alone for several days, the temperature in your home may rise or drop putting your cat in danger.
Do you need someone to check in on your cat while you are on vacation? TAILored Cat Services is here to help you and your cat! Our professional cat sitters will care for your cat, check her food and water, give her attention and keep her active with a little playtime. To learn more about our services, visit our Services page or call us at 425-923-7791.